Searching for a Petty Cash Request
Before you Start
Sinai Central has a powerful search engine that can find a transaction at many levels. Just like attempting to find a topic on the internet with your favorite search engine, having supporting details about the search will bring you closer to finding the petty cash request in question. This can save you time and effort down the line. An example is the transaction number available on the finance transaction form.
- Log into Sinai Central (instructions are posted here)
- Navigate to a point where you can search (For example: Finance >Transactions >Search)
- Enter some information into the Search form to do the search
Using the Search to find a Travel Request
Entering more information into the Search form will bring you closer to finding the petty cash request in question.
- Enter a Keyword. See below for keyword search hints.
- Click on the drop-down menu to choose a Transaction Type. Choose Petty Cash to begin to narrow your transaction search. Select an option from the Include Hidden Transactions drop-down menu as needed.
- Click on the drop-down menu to choose a transaction Status.
- Enter a date or set of dates. Using only one date in the from or to field will constrain your search from a certain time. Using two dates will constrain your search to a certain time period.
- Click the Search button. Search results will be shown in a summarized table below the search tool.
- Click on the transaction number for further review. You may need to narrow your constraints further. For tips read the Search Hints box below.
narrow down the results, don't add it.
common and generic terms, such as the, a, of, inc etc., are ignored by the system
unless they are part of a phrase.
one pen, but not many pens.
pen, pens, pencil, etc.