This folder contains instructions on how to use Sinai Central's ledger features. The documents cover viewing, printing, and downloading reports for selected funds and departments. The Finance Department has also published material to help you understand and interpret your ledger reports.
- How to run General Ledgers (written)
- Written instructions for running general ledgers.
- How to Grant Access to a General Ledger
- Approving purchases and viewing general ledgers are two separate, independent rights. To give someone rights to view general ledgers, follow these directions.
- This instruction set guides your through the process of creating a custom role in Sinai Central so that you can grant GL access to many funds at the same time (or to someone outside your department).
- How to run General Ledgers
- To see an animated demonstration of searching for and printing ledger reports in Sinai Central, click this link. This demonstration uses sound, so please plug in your headphones or speaker and check the volume in your computer. The demonstration may take several minutes to load. It takes about 5 minutes to play.
- Understanding Your Ledgers: Four Key Reports
- This viewlet helps you to interpret your ledgers. It introduces you to the four key reports that you can use to understand the financial health of your fund. This viewlet uses sound, so please plug in your headphones or speaker and check the volume in your computer. The demonstration may take several minutes to load. It takes about 15 minutes to play.
- Granting General Ledger Access to Funds in Your Department to People outside your Department
- By creating a role for a Sinai Central user outside your department, you can assign to them General Ledger access for funds in your Department. You can also use this method so that a user within your department can be granted many funds at the same time.